Fall Auditions Schedule
KSU Concert Bands 2015
Wind Ensemble, Wind Symphony, Concert Band, Brass Ensemble
Please sign up for an audition time at the 226 McCain Bulletin Board. If you have any questions, please email Dr. Tracz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-532-3816.
Auditions (except for percussion) are in 226 McCain Auditorium. If you are receiving a scholarship from the K-State Bands, you must place into either Wind Ensemble or Wind Symphony to retain that scholarship. Good luck with your practicing!
- Please find, print, and prepare your instrument's part on the list of PDFs from the audition information.
- Please prepare the requested measure range for each work.
- Major Scales and Sight Reading will also be asked.
Percussionists, please email Dr. Gartner at email@example.com for percussion audition music and audition information.
Monday, August 24
- 12:30 - 2:00 pm Oboes + Bassoons
- 3:30 - 6:00 pm - Percussion - (See Dr. Gartner - McCain 130)
- 3:30 - 5:00 pm - Flute/Piccolo
- 5:00 - 7:00 pm - Clarinets/Bass Clarinet
- 7:00 - 7:30 pm - Break
- 7:30 - 9:30 pm - Saxophones
Tuesday, August 25
- 6:00 - 7:15 pm - Low Brass (Tuba/Euphonium)
- 7:15 - 7:45 - Break
- 7:45 - 9:00 pm -Horns
Wednesday, August 26
- 12:30 - 1:50 pm - Trombones
- 3:30 - 6:00 pm - Trumpets
The choral audition signups are online. Begin the sign-up process.
Jazz auditions take place August 25-27 from 6 to 9 p.m. with results posted at McCain 222 on the 28th. Get more information about jazz auditions or outside McCain 222. Audition slots will be posted sometime the week before auditions.
Signups are posted outside McCain 222.
Auditions for A Christmas Carol
Mon. Aug. 24, Chapman Theatre
6-7 pm Dance
7-10 pm Sing
10-11 pm Callbacks
Auditions for The Consul will be Wednesday, August 26, beginning at 3:30 in McCain 105. Prepare one art song, sacred song, folk song, broadway show tune, or aria for the audition. An accompanist will be provided for all auditions. The signup will be posted on the Voice Area Bulletin Board.
Orchestra auditions should be completed on Friday, August 21. They will take approximately 5 minutes. For more information, please click here or email Dr. Littrell at firstname.lastname@example.org