The links below provide information on public health careers and current job postings.
Kansas State University Career and Employment Services Hundreds of employers from across the country visit K-State each year to hold interviews at Holtz Hall. These employers consistently hire K-Staters and are actively recruiting new interns and employees. On-campus interviews provide a convenient opportunity for students to interview with many prominent employers without leaving campus.
American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance This is the online source for jobs in the fields of health, physical education, recreation, and dance. See their Career Center page.
American College of Preventive Medicine This site provides job listings for physicians in preventive medicine.
American Public Health Association This “Career Mart” gives you the opportunity to post your resume and look for job opportunities in the United States. It also helps employers find public health professionals.
Association of American Medical Colleges Visit their CareerConnect Service that is free to all job seekers and provides access to the
best employers and jobs in the industry.
Explore Health Careers Provides information everything you want to know about a wide variety of health careers.
Kansas Public Health Association This is the state affiliate of the American Public Health Association. See the Resources/Links page for links to other state and federal agencies.
Public Health Employment Connection This site is sponsored by Emory University, a large listing of employment opportunities available all over the United States.
PublicHealthJobs.Com This site provides guidance on resumes, salary information, and allows you to search for jobs.
PublicHealthJobs.Net This site gives you the opportunity to search for jobs in public health (and for employers to post opportunities).
Public Health Student Opportunities The Student Assembly career search engine page contains a number of good links to opportunities throughout the U.S.
Public Health Jobs within the Federal Government
- USDA Foods Safety and Inspection Service
- USA Jobs.Gov Search on “public health” or “veterinary”
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Public Health Opportunities Worldwide
- Public Health Jobs Worldwide A weekly electronic newspaper that lists job openings in public health programs around the world.
- World Health Organization
Web Sites on Public Health Careers
- What is Public Health See the “Careers in Public Health” section
- Association of School of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention See “Careers in Public Health”
Websites on Developing Your Resume or Curriculum Vitae
There are several differences between a resume and a curriculum vitae (CV). A CV is longer (often more than two pages), with a more detailed synopsis of your background and skills. A CV includes a summary of your educational and academic background, teaching and research experience, publications, presentations, awards, honors, affiliations, and other details. Depending on the purpose, you may need different versions of your resume or CV.
Curriculum Vitae Development
- Job Search Has lots of links to useful resources and sample CVs.
- Rockport Institute Has information on how to write a masterpiece of a resume.
- JobStar Central A job search guide from your local public library. Resume examples and other tips.
- Resume Tutor from the University of Minnesota An interactive tutor guide that walks you through putting your resume together.