Ph.D., University of Kansas, 1973
Le Roman en Côte d' Ivoire, The Novel in French from Subsahara Africa.
The African novel in French
Le Réalisme Africain: Le Roman Francophone en Afrique Sub-Saharienne. Paris: Harmattan,
Le Roman Camerounais d'Expression Française. Birmingham, AL: Summa, 1989.
Scholarly articles published in the U.S., Belgium, Canada, Holland, and Hungary. Among
them "Fate in Mongo Beti's Novels" in Stephen Arnold, ed. Critical Perspectives on Mongo Beti (Boulder: Lynne Rienner, 1998); "Women in Black African Novels Written in French," NWSA Journal 8.1 (1996): 110-123; "Le Roman en Afrique noire francophone," French Review 8.6 (1995): 947-954; "Les Influences de la Littérature traditionnelle sur le roman
camerounais," Neohelicon 16.2 (1989): 9-38.
Assistant Editor French Review
- French 3-4
- Elementary French Conversation 3A
- French Conversation 4A
- French Phonetics
- Introduction to French Literature I
- French Composition & Grammar
- French Civilization
- Readings in French
- Advanced French Conversation
- Romantic French Literature and Realist French Literature
- Advanced Spoken and Written French
- Francophone literature from Subsahara Africa