Welcome to our military-inclusive university!
Kansas State University is home to the state's largest military population in higher education. It's easy to see why when you look at the ways we help soldiers, veterans and their families feel at home. Military-connected students have been a cornerstone of our campus for 150 years. K-State is recognized nationally year after year for its military inclusiveness.
Our faculty relate to the needs of military-connected students. Many of them have research that's connected to the armed forces, from making the meals soldiers eat in the field safer to improving marriages impacted by deployment.
The main campus in Manhattan is a 15-minute drive from Fort Riley. We have outreach programs at Fort Riley as well as at Fort Leavenworth. Our staff, academic programs and current student groups work together to make K-State friendly and accessible. Ready to get started?
Our staff is ready to help!
- The Manhattan campus offers the classic college experience with an array of majors and a vibrant campus life.
- The Salina campus is home to many exciting programs which offer small class sizes and a personalized learning experience.
- Check out our Graduate School catalog to learn about our 65 master's degrees, 45 doctoral degrees and 22 graduate certificates.
- The Fort Leavenworth distance education program offers face-to-face master's degree programs in adult education and security studies.
- Learn online through distance education degree programs, intersession courses, or the Evening College offers courses after 5:30 p.m.
Find out about finances.
- Veterans Affairs is here to help you apply for and understand your benefits.
- Student Financial Assistance can explain the financial aid process and FAFSA.
- Our award-winning Powercat Financial Counseling is also available to help you budget.
Explore employment opportunities
We welcome applicants who have experienced the breadth and diversity of military life!
- Student jobs on campus and in the Manhattan area
- Federal work-study program
- Full-time employment at K-State
Join our campus community
Military Affairs. Community outreach, relevant research, guest speakers, education and other activities.
Non-Traditional and Veteran Student Services. Get help when you need it, meet other students, and don't forget to hang out in the veterans' lounge in our Student Union!
Take part. Engage with Ft. Riley and the K-State community through activities open to civilians and soldiers alike.
HandsOn K-State. Looking for volunteers or want to volunteer yourself? It's the place to learn more.
Open House. Come to this event offered annually in April and enjoy a family-friendly event showcasing the best of K-State.
Institute for Health and Security of Military Families. Learn more about how you can get involved with research and programs addressing the health and resiliency of National and International military personnel, veterans and their families after the battle.
Connect with K-State
Don't hesitate to contact Bryon Williams for more information at 800-432-8270 or firstname.lastname@example.org on the details that matter to you.