Party smart safety tips
* Make your own measured drinks (from your own bottle).
* Do not accept a drink from a punch bowl or open container.
* Never accept a drink from someone you don't know and trust
* Set a "party safe" limit for how many drinks you are going to have and stick to it.
* Don't drink if you are hungry, angry, lonely or tired (H.A.L.T.). Always eat a full meal before you drink!
* Only consume alcohol from bottles or cans that you twist the lid off or pop-the-top yourself
* Remember, saying "no" is absolutely fine. A lot of folks choose not to drinnk alcoholic beverages.
* Never leave your drink unattended. If you leave your drink unattended, get a new one.
* Don't drink anything that has an unusual taste or appearance (Salty taste, excessive foam, unexplained residue, etc.).
* If your date or "friend" goes to get you a drink, accompany him or her adn watch the bartender make your drink.
* Party in groups, never leave without accounting for those you came with and always pre-plan a safe ride home.
* If you suspect someone has inF YOU SUSPECT SOMEONE HAS INGESTED A TAMPERED DRINK OR SEDATIVE-LIKE SUBSTANCE, CALL FOR AN AMBULANCE OR TAKE THE PERSON TO A HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM IMMEDIATELY.
REMEMBER, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DECISIONS ABOUT WHEN TO DRINK AND HOW MUCH TO DRINK, YOU ARE EQUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THE CONSEQUENCES THA T MA Y RESUL T FROM MAKING POOR DECISIONS WHEN IT COMES TO DRINKING ALCOHOL.
K-STATE ALCOHOL AND OTHER DRUG EDUCATION SERVICE