2013 Business Administration Achievements
* The Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business International has extended accreditation for both the business and accounting programs offered by Kansas State University's College of Business Administration. Association accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education, and has been earned by less than 5 percent of the world's business programs. December 2013
* The Financial Management Association chapter at Kansas State University's College of Business Administration has earned the Financial Management Special Recognition for Membership Development Award for the 2012-2013 academic year from Financial Management Association International. November 2013
* Marne Arthaud-Day, associate professor of management in the College of Business Administration, was named an outstanding reviewer by the Academy of Management Review Editorial Review Board for the 2012-2013 term. October 2013
* Marne Arthaud-Day, associate professor, and Chwen Sheu, professor and department head, from management won the Best Paper Award at the seventh International Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management for "The Mediation Effects of Entrepreneurship Orientation and R&D Investment: A Resource-Based View." September 2013
* For the second year in a row, the sales program at Kansas State University's College of Business Administration was named one of the top sales programs in the country by the Sales Education Foundation. The program is offered through the National Strategic Sales Institute, an initiatives in the college. The institute sponsors the K-State Sales Team, organizes an annual Sales Week and sponsors competitions. Its director is Dawn Deeter, the J.J. Vanier distinguished chair in relational selling and professor of marketing. May 2013
* A team from K-State's student chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management won first place in the society's recent case competition in Austin, Texas. The team competed against 15 universities from the Southwest. The competition focused on issues management practices, recruitment, training, development and employee labor relations. Team members included Jody Forge, senior in management, Leavenworth; James Geary, senior in management, Overland Park; and Michelle Allison, junior in management, Wichita. The team was accompanied by faculty adviser Valerie Evans, an instructor of management at the university. April 2013
* Students from Kansas State University's College of Business Administration won the Kansas City Chartered Financial Analyst Society's 2013 CFA Institute Research Challenge. The team advances to the Regional Americas Research Challenge in Toronto in March. The challenge is an international competition, conducted at the local, regional and global levels, is between university-sponsored teams of both undergraduate and graduate students. February 2013.