McCain Holiday Home Tour
Tour four fabulous homes decked out for the holidays!
11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 3
This year's event will feature four area residences decorated for the holiday season. Selection and coordination of homes begins more than a year in advance to allow homeowners adequate time to plan and prepare for the event.
Money raised will support McCain Auditorium's education and outreach activities.
"McCain Auditorium's education programs, including free children's matinee performances, are supported by sponsorships, individual giving, grants and fundraising events such as the McCain Holiday Home Tour," said Todd Holmberg, executive director of McCain Auditorium. "The community also enjoys touring the homes and seeing a snapshot of the homeowners' holiday traditions while knowing they are benefiting arts-related educational programming at McCain Auditorium."
Sponsorships are available for the home tour by contacting Holmberg at email@example.com or 785-532-6425.
The tour will feature
- Eryn and Jeff Smith's home in the renovated former Keats High School building;
- Jodi and Larry Thierer's Southern-inspired home in Wyndham Heights;
- Kelly and Tim White's Craftsman-style home north of Manhattan; and
- Lori and T.J. Vilkanskas' modern home in the Vanesta area.
The wide variety of styles will be accented by the different holiday decorating themes.
Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door, and will be available (cash or check only) through December 2 at these outlets:
- Dillons (East & West)
- Hy-Vee (601 N 3rd Pl)
- 1419 Mercantile (3039 Anderson)
- Gatherings (313 Poyntz)
- The Winged Lion (300 Poyntz)
- Hayden Orthodontics (2306 Anderson)
The McCain Holiday Home Tour Committee is chaired by Julie Keenan and Val Kershner. For more information on the tour, please contact Keenan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-875-7456.