McCain Holiday Home Tour
11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, December 8, 2013
The biennial fundraiser for McCain Auditorium features five area residences and one sorority house decorated for the holiday season. Money raised from this event will help support the McCain Performance Series and its education and outreach activities. The tour is sponsored by The Friends of McCain Auditorium.
Selection and coordination of homes began over a year ago to allow homeowners adequate time to plan and prepare for the event.
"The McCain Performance Series and its outreach and education programs such as free children's performances are largely supported by corporate sponsorships, individual giving, grants and fundraising events, including the Holiday Home Tour," said Todd Holmberg, director of McCain Auditorium. "The tour helps make it possible to present world-class events at McCain on a yearly basis. The community also enjoys touring the homes and seeing a snapshot of the homeowners' holiday traditions."
The tour features:
- Kappa Delta sorority house, 1220 Centennial Drive;
- Jamie and Kim McAtee home, 2710 Heartland Valley Road;
- Jim Sherow and Bonnie Lynn-Sherow bed and breakfast home, 617 Colorado St.;
- Howard and Patricia Sherwood, 5140 Founders Way;
- Dennis and Sally von Waaden home, 5132 Founders Way; and
- Kevin and Alyn Pennington West home, 321 N. 16th St.
Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door. They are available at several area business outlets including Bluestem Bistro, Dillons, Hy-Vee, Ray’s Apple Market, Friendship House, and Gatherings on the Prairie.