Focus group and open campus meeting questions
- What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the existing campus?
- What is most memorable about the campus? What is least memorable about the campus?
- When visiting any campus, most people search for the “heart”. That gathering place
where everyone seems to congregate. It can be a quad, a building, or a plaza, but
most often it is the place you go to, to see what’s happening on campus. Where is
this place, or places on Kansas State’s campus?
- In reference to the “heart”, what could be done to further improve this place?
- Have you seen something on another campus that you wish was at Kansas State?
- Which buildings should be retained at any cost? Which buildings can be removed/replaced?
- How can a sense of community be enhanced both on and off campus?
- Do the current locations of academic programs, administrative units, housing, athletic
& recreation facilities, and support services function well collectively? What campus
uses could be relocated to facilitate better flow, land use, or operations?
- What are your views regarding the need for additional housing on campus? What types
of housing should be added or replaced? Where should it be located?
- Do the existing parking structures, public transportation, or campus streets provide
for the daily needs of students, faculty, and staff? If not, what could be improved?
- In your opinion should the campus improve linkages with the community in any of the
following areas: shared resources, retail opportunities, professional services, educational
programs, and cultural events?
- Are there any places on or off campus that feel unsafe to you? If yes, where?
- What is your opinion of the sense of arrival on campus at Kansas State University?
What could be done to strengthen this experience?
- How do you feel about the landscaping and open space on campus?
- In your opinion, what’s sets Kansas State University apart from other institutions
that you think is especially important?
- If a significant donor came to you with a few hundred thousand dollars, how would
you improve the physical campus?
- What if the donor had several million dollars, how would you improve the campus?