Home page feature guidelines
- The purpose of the home page features is to show Kansas State University in a positive light by showcasing awards, research and other exceptional news about the university.
- Feature topics should have a broad appeal and be for an external audience.
- Event-oriented features are discouraged. Exceptions may be made for art exhibits, theater and music performances. You are welcome to have your event added to the university calendar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send the administrator the feature image, required text and a website to link.
- The image should be 640 x 385 pixels in size at 72 dpi. It should also be saved for the web.
- Photographic designs are preferred. Keep graphics and text on the image to a minimum. Logos are strongly discouraged and may not be approved.
- Provide a preferred headline and brief copy — no more than a few sentences — for the text box. We reserve the right to edit.
- Feature images must be approved by the administrator. Requested changes must be made before the feature will be uploaded to the home page.
Creating Your Message
- You may provide your own feature image following the guidelines above.
- The Division of Communications and Marketing also can create the feature image for you at no cost. Please contact the administrator no less than 3 weeks before the feature's anticipated start date.
- Home page features will be displayed for a maximum of 2 weeks unless an exception is permitted. Scheduling is done at the discretion of the home page administrator, and will be based on priority.
- Home page features should be sent to the administrator no less then 1 week before the desired start date.
For questions or to request space on the home page contact the administrator, Kim Baccus, at email@example.com or 785-532-2535.