Thompson Hall is home to the Department of Geology. Its halls contain unusual artifacts like meteorites and a wooly mammoth's tusk.
- Geology, Dept. of, room 108, 532-6724, fax 532-5159
The building was completed in 1922 during President William A. Jardine's administration, primarily for instruction in institutional management. The building's design is Italian Renaissance-inspired with semicircular arched windows, low-pitched hipped roof and detailed colonnade entrances. The building's namesake is Dr. Helen B. Thompson, dean of the Division of Home Economics from 1918 to 1923.