Leadership Studies Building
Home to the School of Leadership Studies, this building features a lecture hall, classrooms, a student services center, a resource library, study areas, a coffeehouse and office space for faculty and staff.
- Central Great Plains Climate Change Education Partnership, room 258, email@example.com, 313-3085
- HandsOn Kansas State, room 103, firstname.lastname@example.org, 532-3670, TTY 532-3675, fax 532-6542
- Kansas Campus Compact, room 103, email@example.com, 532-6896, fax 532-6542
- Leadership Studies, School of, room 103, firstname.lastname@example.org, 532-6085, fax 532-6542
- Undergraduate Studies, Vice Provost for, room 103, email@example.com, 532-1097
At 36,000 square feet, this $11 million project is an impressive modern addition to campus. Eco-friendliness is central to the building's design and construction, which was funded entirely by private donors. Building components reduce water and energy usage, and the bike racks, showers and special parking spaces for eco-friendly vehicles encourage conservation by employees as well.
In February 2011 the building received LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, gold certification. LEED is an internationally recognized ratings system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council to encourage the development of sustainable buildings. The Leadership Studies Building is the first building on the K-State campus to achieve LEED certification, and is believed to be the first building to do so among higher education institutions in Kansas.