The oldest free-standing structure on campus, Holtz Hall houses tutoring services.
Holtz Hall originally housed the Department of Chemistry after its construction in 1876. It was also home to counseling services and a women's gymnasium. The building's namesake is "Doc" Holtz, who was known for informally advising students on career, financial and personal matters. He worked at K-State 35 years, beginning in 1919, both as a teacher and as a freshman football coach.