HandsOn Kansas State
HandsOn Kansas State creates opportunities for people to volunteer, learn and lead in their communities. We strive to provide volunteers with a high-quality experience that fuels further action, and we envision a day when everyone is inspired and equipped to be the change they wish to see in the world.
HandsOn Kansas State
- Builds capacity for effective volunteering
- Provides annual initiatives to heighten awareness of volunteering
- Creates and collaborates service events
- Participates in strategic impact areas such as Poverty Alleviation, Community development and Mobilizing families & youth
HandsOn Kansas State is the only University volunteer center in the nation that is student funded and student run, serving both campus and community.
Get HandsOn in Manhattan
At HandsOn Kansas State volunteers and organizations in the Manhattan community can connect online.
Become a member today to view current opportunities, log your volunteer hours, and sign-up to volunteer!
You can also receive the latest Weekly Volunteer Opportunities through your email. Contact us to sign-up.
Invested in Campus and Community
HandsOn Kansas State is a program of the School of Leadership Studies. We are also a national affiliate of the Points of Light Foundation and HandsOn Network, an international nonprofit organization that connects volunteer action centers in more than 250 communities.
- Mobilized 943 volunteers that contributed 3665 hours
- Engaged 737 new volunteers
- 1463 volunteers referred
- 699 volunteers attended 1-4 volunteer opportunities
- 709 volunteers retained up to a year
- 937 volunteer opportunities offered
- Managed 32 service projects
- Recruited and trained 35 new volunteer leaders who contributed 534 service hours
- 70 hours of volunteer leader and management training
- Collaborated with 58 community organizations
- Impacted areas in Elderly/Disabled Seniors, Community/Neighborhood Relations, Youth/School Improvements, Environment, Economic and Disaster Preparation and Services