Certificate in Community-Engaged Leadership Application
Noncredit option also available; please complete steps 2 and 3 below. Contact Marcia Hornung for additional information.
1. Admission to Kansas State University
- Application instructions
- All transcripts must be submitted to Admissions prior to application review. Minimum program requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Complete the Application to Kansas State University online at http://www.k-state.edu/admissions/apply and pay the application fee ($40 U.S. Applicants or $80 International Applicants).
- Priority deadline is September 15, 2016.
*Current K-State Students - please contact Marcia Hornung before submitting your application for specific application instructions (contact information at bottom of the page).
2. Statement of Goals and Professional Experience. Submit a 2-3 page statement that includes the following information:
This year's cohort will be themed around education's role in strengthening democracy and developing engaged citizens. In your statement of goals and experiences, please consider this theme of education.
For instance, your interests may be environmental issues, food security, or social justice, etc. We are seeking participants who will explore their interest areas through the lens of education, which may occur in a variety of settings, both inside and outside traditional educational systems.
- The academic program will require you to apply the model of community-engaged leadership to address an issue identified within the community. Please describe an issue you would like to address and outline the role community members should have in addressing the identified issue.
- Career and professional goals and aspirations, and how being accepted to the program will benefit those goals and aspirations;
- The reason for your interest in seeking the certificate in Community-Engaged Leadership;
- Evidence of motivation, leadership, service, community engagement; and
- Professional experiences that support application.
3. A Professional Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
Submit transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
Kansas State University
119 Anderson Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-0102
Submit Statement of Goals and Professional Experience and Résumé/Vitae to:
Kansas State University
Mary Lynn and Warren Staley School of Leadership Studies
1300 Mid-Campus Drive N
Manhattan, KS 66506-6800