The Women's Clinic provides confidential examinations, treatment, and information regarding all women's health issues. The Women's Clinic is staffed by Dr. Wendy Blank, a board certified gynecologist; Amanda Garman, APRN, nurse practitioner; Melinda Bowen, RN, clinic coordinator; and skilled nurses.
- Primary health care for women.
- Contraceptive options, including emergency contraception.
- Examination, treatment and counseling for woman's health care issues (vaginal infections, menstrual cramps, mood swings, human sexuality issues, breast problems, birth control).
- Pregnancy counseling and referral.
- STD testing and counseling for men and women, including HIV.
- Plan B One-Step is available over-the-counter in the Lafene pharmacy without age restrictions to women and men. Cost may be determined by calling Pharmacy at 785.532.7758.
- Try to make sure it has been at least 1 year since your last well woman exam for insurance purposes.
- Do not schedule the appointment during your menstrual period.
- Make sure that you DON’T douche, use tampons, use vaginal medications, or have intercourse for 2 days prior to your appointment.
- Failure to follow the above may result in your appointment being rescheduled.