The Women's Clinic of Lafene Health Center is staffed by skilled
nurses, a nurse practitioner, and a board certified gynecologist. The Clinic is designed to serve K-State students in areas
of medical and psychosocial aspects of human sexuality. Confidential counseling and education regarding contraceptive options and sexually
transmitted diseases are available. A well woman physical examination includes breast exam, pelvic exam, STD
screening when necessary.
There are charges for the exam and testing.
- Primary health care for women.
- Contraceptive options, including emergency contraception.
- Examination, treatment and counseling for woman's health care
issues (vaginal infections, menstrual cramps, mood swings, human
sexuality issues, breast problems, birth control).
- Pregnancy counseling and referral.
- STD testing and counseling for men and women, including HIV.
- Plan B is
available over-the-counter in the Lafene
Pharmacy to those age
17 and over with proper identification and a K-State ID. Students
who are under 17 must make an appointment with
a provider. Cost may be determined by calling Pharmacy at 785.532.7758.
How to prepare for well woman exam
- Try to make sure it has been at least 1 year since your last well woman exam for insurance purposes.
- Do not schedule the appointment during your menstrual period.
- Make sure that you DON’T douche, use tampons, use vaginal medications, or have intercourse for 2 days prior to your appointment.
- Failure to follow the above may result in your appointment being rescheduled.