- Allergy and immunization
- Allergy clinic provides
services for students requiring allergy immunotherapy.
- Immunization clinic offers a variety of
TB testing, meningitis, and influenza vaccination.
- Travel clinic provides travel consults that include information about health risks and suggested preventative measures based on current reports.
- Business office
- General medical clinic
Robert J. Tackett, MD, Medical Director
Clarice Holmes, RN, Clinic Director
Staffed by licensed health care professionals
who provide healthcare during regular clinic hours by appointment.
Same day care is available on a limited basis. Patients without an appointment will initially be screened by a healthcare professional to determine the urgency of their need for care. They may be put in to see a provider that day or at the next available appointment.
Without an appointment, the wait time may be lengthy and is dependent on the number of patients waiting to be seen and the severity of their condition. To avoid a potentially lengthy wait time, please call ahead (785.532.6544).
More info about common medical conditions is available on our Internet Health Information Links page.
The medical clinic is open to treat general medical problems, such as, but not limited to, the following:
- cuts and minor burns
- breaks and sprains
- earaches, fever, colds and flu
- vomiting and diarrhea
- abdominal pain
- insect bites and rashes
- respiratory symptoms
- athletic physicals
- pre-liminary exams/testing
- Health information management
Mary Sue Moore, RHIA, Director, Privacy Officer
The primary responsibility of Lafene Health Center
is to provide medical care for the sick and injured students of Kansas
State University and health and wellness programs aimed at prevention
of disease and injury. The Health Information Management department is organized to be responsible
for the completeness, accuracy and availability of the medical records
at all times and especially when needed in future illness of the patient.
- Health promotion
Julie Gibbs, M.P.H., Director
The mission of the Health Promotion department is to provide leadership in health maintenance (wellness) promotion and
disease/illness prevention for the Kansas State University students, staff, faculty, and surrounding community members.
Nancy Hardy, MT, ASCP, Director
Lafene has registered Medical Technologists on staff to collect
and perform laboratory testing.
Testing may be ordered by Lafene health care providers or
your hometown doctor.
Reasons to use Lafene's lab services:
- Testing costs are lower or competitive with other laboratories.
- Professional and courteous service.
- Any student who has paid the health fee is eligible for
- The Laboratory is open during Lafene Health Center hours.
No appointments are required.
- The Laboratory maintains CLIA accreditation (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments).
- Nutrition counseling
Dianna Schalles, M.S, R.D., L.D.
College can be a difficult time to eat right. Nutrition counseling at Lafene Health Center can help!
Mark Brown-Barnett, R.Ph., Director
- Physical therapy
Kylie Miller, PT, DPT, Director
The physical therapy/athletic training staff have experience treating a
wide spectrum of ailments and injuries common to college students.
- Therapeutic exercise
- Post surgical rehab
- Crutches (return crutches to this department)
- Body Fat Testing
- Radiology (X-ray)
Patricia Bidwell, ARRT (R) (M)
The Radiology staff provide plain film x-ray services with interpretation by radiologist. The department also performs electrocardiograms with off-site interpretation. Lafene has registered Radiology Technologists on staff to perform these services. Exams may be ordered by Lafene health care providers or your hometown doctor.
Reasons to use Lafene's radiology services:
- Procedure costs are lower or competitive with other imaging centers.
- Any student who has paid the health fee is eligible for services.
- The department is open during Lafene Health Center hours. No appointments are required.
- The radiology staff maintains ARRT accreditation (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists).
- Sports medicine clinic
David M. Smith, M.D., Director
Eriksen Sports Medicine Clinic
- Performs evaluation and treatment of sports
related injuries and medical conditions,
to include information and advice on injury
prevention, fitness, and effects of exercise
on health and disease.
- Provides athletic training services for
students at the Recreation Complex in conjunction
with Lafene's Physical Therapy department
and K-State Recreational Services.
- Women's clinic
Wendy Blank, D.O. , Director
Eileen Swanson, RN, Women's Clinic Coordinator
The Women's Clinic is staffed by skilled
nurses, a nurse practitioner, and a board certified gynecologist. The Clinic is designed to serve K-State students in areas
of medical and psychosocial aspects of human sexuality. Confidential counseling and education regarding contraceptive options and sexually
transmitted diseases are available.