Physical Therapy/Athletic Training
The Physical Therapy/Athletic Training staff have experience treating a wide spectrum of ailments and injuries common to college students.
Call 785-532-6544 to schedule an appointment. Please check with your insurance provider for physical therapy coverage prior to your appointment. If you have a prescription for physical therapy, be sure to bring the healthcare providers's written prescription with you.
Brandon Ness, PT, DPT, CSCS (bio)
Jeff Kreuser, ATC, MS - Certified Athletic Trainer
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers
- Physical therapy evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal and neurological conditions
- Functional testing, strength assessment, proprioceptive/kinesthetic testing, KT-1000 arthrometer
- Therapeutic exercise
- Manual therapy
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Sport-specific training
- Vestibular and concussion rehabilitation
- Therapeutic modalities: heat, cryotherapy, ultrasound, phonophoresis,iontophoresis,electrical stimulation, interferential current, TENS application
- Body Composition Testing
- Crutches (return crutches to this department)
In partnership with Recreational Services, athletic training services are available for injury evaluation and treatment for all intramural sports competition. For more information about athletic training services and the sports medicine program at the Rec Center, go here.
- Referral from a healthcare provider at Lafene Health Center
- Patient self-referral Referral from local or hometown licensed healthcare provider**
- **A person licensed to practice medicine and surgery; a licensed podiatrist; a licensed physician assistant or an advanced practice registered nurse working pursuant to the order or direction of a person licensed to practice medicine and surgery; a licensed chiropractor; a licensed dentist or optometrist in appropriately related cases.