Individualized nutrition counseling
One-on-one nutrition counseling with a registered dietitian. Students commonly seek advice about weight control, nutrition, eating disorders, medical nutrition therapy for special diets, and fitness. Call 785.532.6544 for an appointment and/or information regarding charges.
What is your "metabolic fingerprint"? How many calories do you need to gain or lose weight? Metabolism is different for everyone.
An accurate scientific measurement can:
- Eliminate the guesswork.
- Help determine your unique calorie needs.
A Registered Dietitian at Lafene Health Center can administer the test using a MedGem® indirect calorimeter by Microlife™ and explain how your metabolic rate affects your overall health and weight management goals. Metabolic testing with the MedGem® is available for K-State students, faculty and staff. Call 785.532.5240 for an appointment and current pricing.
Forms available online to print. Follow the instructions for completion. (These forms are in PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat to view and print.) Food record site.
Eating disorders - online self-screening program
Free to all Kansas State University students, anonymous and completely confidential. Provided by Lafene Health Center to help you quickly identify symptoms consistent with an eating disorder. Specific resources will be recommended if risk is determined. The screening takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. (Available during Fall and Spring semesters.) Body Screening Website
Lafene physicians are available to assess and monitor physical effects of disordered eating. For an appointment, call 785.532.6544.
- Apps for nutrition and fitness
- Athletic supplements
- Body image
- Cats Get Cooking! Healthy Recipes for Students Always on the Go
- Cooking Basics for College Students
- Eating disorders - Help for disordered eating
- Faculty Guidelines for Referring Students Who May Have Eating Disorders
- General nutrition - dietary guidelines
- My Plate on a Budget
- Nutrition products/health fraud
- Professional organizations/agencies related to nutrition
- Recipes - healthy and easy to fix
- Special nutrition concerns
- Sports nutrition
- Weight management