First Aid and CPR courses for K-State students, faculty, and staff
Skills practice and testing completed at Lafene Health Center. Practice/testing sessions offered all summer long! Call 785.532.6595 to schedule your appointment.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
- Part 1: American Heart Association online training
- Part 2: Hands-on skills
practice session at Lafene*
- Part 3: Skills test at Lafene*
*Note: Parts 2 and 3 will take place during the same 60 minute appointment.
Checklist for Completing a CPR/First Aid Course:
- Go to www.onlineaha.org
- Register for desired online course
for online course paid to the American Heart Association)
- Complete online portion (Part 1)
- Print out certificate of completion—Required for the practice/testing
(Health educator will need information from your certificate of completion when you call to schedule skills practice/testing.)
- Schedule skills testing for your timeframe by selecting the course and signing up on doodle.com. (IMPORTANT: Include your name and Wildcat ID# when
signing up. If you do not need the First Aid portion, indicate that by your name when signing up.):
- OR Call 785.532.6595 to schedule appointment for Part 2 and Part 3.
practice/testing session must be completed within 60 days after completing
to Lafene Health Center):
$25 students, $35 faculty/staff - as appointment
- Complete hands-on practice session (Part 2)
- Complete skills test (Part 3)
- Receive a completion card that is valid for 2 years!
"The American Heart Association strongly promotes
knowledge and proficiency in CPR and has developed instructional materials
for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does
not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association,
and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the
association." In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act,
please advise Lafene Health Center if you have any disability that
requires special materials and/or services so that appropriate personnel
can be advised.