The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) exists to ensure that
adequate health care is provided for the students of Kansas State
University. SHAC is an advisory committee appointed by the Student
Body President and works with both the President and Student Senate.
Members of SHAC meet at least biweekly throughout the fall and spring
semesters to fulfill these purposes:
- to advise the Director of Lafene Health Center about student
health care needs.
- to assist the Director in setting priorities that have
the interest of the students in mind.
- to support the staff of Lafene Health
Center in their development of adequate services for fee-paying
- to review annually the budgets of Lafene Health Center.
- to evaluate the health services provided with respect to fees
assessed and financial constraints.
- to promote health care and the services
offered by Lafene Health Center.
- to communicate
and cooperate with the Student Governing Association regarding issues of student
health care on campus.
- to increase student awareness of resources available on campus.
- to ensure student access to updated health education materials.
- fourteen students at-large, appointed to two-year staggered terms by the
Student Body President.
- one Student Senator, appointed to a one-year term by the
Student Senate Chair.
- one faculty member, appointed to a one-year term
by the Faculty Senate President.
- the Director of Lafene Health Center and a representative of the Health Promotion Department.
- additional nonvoting student members who have previously served
on the committee or others who are exceptionally qualified.
Subcommittees within SHAC in which students may participate include public
relations and budget
K-State Healthy Decisions is an initiative that was started to help enhance the lifestyle of K-State students and their peers. We are enriching the culture of K-State and further developing an environment where students are supported and can succeed academically and personally.
Through the collaborative efforts made by K-State's student services, organizations, and faculty, K-State students can stay connected to their campus and peers.
Commitment from these services, organizations, and faculty provide support and enhance the lives of K-State students.
Learn more about how you can become involved
in SHAC. E-mail your comments and questions about SHAC to firstname.lastname@example.org.