Add Approved Courses to an Instructor
Before an employee can be added to a course as the instructor, the related Academic Org must be added to their Instructor/Advisor table. To add an Academic Org to an instructor record, use the steps below:
- From the KSIS Home Page, navigate to Main Menu >Curriculum Management >Instructor/Advisor Information >Instructor/Advisor Table.
- Enter the Search Criteria for the instructor to change.
- In the Instructor Details box, click the + button.
- Set the Effective Date to the appropriate date.
NOTE: An incorrect date could mean that the change will not be effective when it is needed. Therefore, the Effective Date must abide by the following convention.
- If the change is to take effect for a Spring term, the value should be Jan 1 for the given year (01/01/??).
- If the change is to take effect for a Summer term, the value should be May 1 for the given year (05/01/??).
- If the change is to take effect for a Fall term, the value should be Aug 1 for the given year (08/01/??).
- If the desired effective date is already present, then date the new row one day later, such as (01/02/??).
- Instructor Type: select appropriate value
- Note: If "Advisor Only" is selected then person is not available as instructor.
- Use "Undefined" if one of the other values is not appropriate.
- Instructor Available: select "Available".
- Note: If "Unavailable" or "Sabbatical" is selected then the person is not available as instructor.
Note: If you need to add more Academic Org values then click the + button in the Course Description box to add additional rows.