K-State staff use KSIS to assign an academic advisor to a student, change a student's major, maintain a schedule of classes, run reports, and more. Staff have different access types based on their departmental roles. Follow the links below for helpful information on the staff functions in KSIS.
Note: Effective July 2017, 'How To' articles open in a new window because they were moved to the ServiceNow Knowledge Base for improved accessibility and maintenance. If you previously bookmarked a 'How To' page, please update your bookmark.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To ...
- Access Student Photos
- Add a Hold (Service Indicator)
- Approve or Deny a Student's Application for a Minor by App
- Approve or Deny a Student's Application for a Minor by Student
- Grant Permission for a Student to Enroll in a Class
- Remove a Hold (Service Indicator)
- Report Textbook Information
- Run a Report
- Add Approved Courses to an Instructor
- Change a Room Location in the Facility ID Field
- Class Scheduler Calendar - Spring 2018
- Class Scheduler Calendar - Fall 2018
- Class Scheduler Calendar - Summer 2018
- Guidelines for Determining the Distance Education Components of Courses
- Maintain Schedule of Classes
- Print Schedule of Classes
- Rules for Assigning the Section Value
- Understanding Class Associations
- Working with Classes Containing Variable Titles
Reference Materials & Forms
PDF versions of forms will launch in a separate window. Word and Excel documents will be downloaded. Please make sure you have popups enabled on your web browser.
- Enrollment Requisites Overview
- KSIS Academic Organization Values
- KSIS Academic Program List
- KSIS Security Form Instructions
- KSIS Security Role Descriptions
- Program/Plan for Colleges/Depts
- Program/Plan Issue Resolution
- Program/Plan Matrix
- Program/Plan Overview
- Program/Plan Summary
- Sample Enrollment Requirement Groups
External links will launch in a separate window, please make sure you have popups enabled on your web browser.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Contact the IT Help Desk at 785-532-7722 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.