Final Grade Submission Information - Summer 2016
Final grade submission is in KSIS only. Instructors are encouraged to visit KSIS and become familiar with the system and tools prior to submitting final grades.
Important Dates for all Non-Standard and Summer Courses
|Grade Roster Availability||Grade Rosters are available in KSIS for grade entry after 5 p.m.the last scheduled day of class.|
|Grade Submission Deadlines|
Grades are due five business days after a class ends, except when the last day of the non-standard time class coincides with the last day of the regular session classes for a term. In that case the grade submission deadline is the same as a regular session class.
The final day to submit grades for Summer is August 19th at 5 p.m.
|Grades Available for Students to View||The day after the instructor approves and submits the grades in KSIS they are posted to students’ academic records. Grades are posted every 24 hours so students can view their grades the day after the instructor submits them.|
Important Grade Submission Facts
- A grade must be assigned to all students before their grades can be Approved in KSIS, otherwise grades remain in a Review status.
- Instructors are encouraged to periodically click the Save button when entering grades for large course sections.
- Instructors who copy grades from K-State Online to KSIS must also go to KSIS and Approve the grades in order to Post the grades to the students' academic history.
- A grade of NR (Not Reported) is automatically inserted in ALL Grade Rosters for each student who does not have a final grade reported.
Here are links to step-by-step instructions and additional information about submitting final grades in KSIS:
- Enter and Approve Final Grades
- Final Grade Submission Changes
- Copy Final Grades from K-State Online to KSIS
- Copy Final Grades from K-State Online powered by Canvas to KSIS
- Reconcile KSIS Class Roster with other Rosters
- Request Grade Change
A self-paced, online tutorial is available to all K-State Online instructors. A link to the "KSIS Training - including KSIS Grade Submission" course can be found at the very bottom of your K-State Online course organizer - under the section labeled Student. If you do not see the course in your organizer, contact the IT Help Desk for access.
Instructor Led Training
Instructor led training is also available to faculty, instructors, and teaching assistants at no charge. Registration is required. See the KSIS Training page for details.