FAQs - Enrollment for Students
- What are some unique features in the enrollment process?
- Your total possible enrollment, including waitlisted classes, is set at 21 hours per semester.
- You are limited to enroll in only one class (section) of a course at one time.
- Classes sometimes have reserved capacities such as a certain number of seats reserved for majors, etc., to improve your ability to get the classes that you need.
- A course search tool is available in KSIS which is an advanced tool to search for classes in various different ways such as by day of week, range of time of day, location, etc. For details on searching for classes in KSIS, see Search for Classes on the KSIS website.
- You are able to view the total number of seats available for a class, the number still open, and the number of students waitlisted for the class, when applicable.
- You may choose to automatically waitlist for a class during enrollment. If a seat opens up and you are next on the list, you will then be automatically enrolled in the class.
- How do I know the date and time that I am allowed to enroll in KSIS?
In your KSIS Student Center, you can see the date and time of your enrollment availability, located on the right-hand side of the page under "Enrollment Dates". Click on the "details" link for specific information.
- How do I know which courses are offered online, on campus, or both?
The Class Search feature has several different search criteria available including the ability to search by Location (Manhattan, Salina, Manhattan DCE, or Salina DCE) and Mode of Instruction (In Person, Web, Telnet, Video, etc.) The locations of Manhattan DCE and Salina DCE denote classes that are offered through the Division of Continuing Education. These Class Details as well as the Class Meeting room are available to view for each class. For details on searching for classes in KSIS, see Search for Classes on the KSIS website.
- How do I enroll in online or distance classes?
You enroll in those classes in the same manner that you enroll in on-campus courses within KSIS.
- What do I do if the class that I want to take requires instructor permission?
Contact the instructor for the class. The instructor may then grant the permission. Once the permission has been entered in KSIS by the instructor’s department, you will be able to add the class to your schedule, assuming other enrollment requirements have been met and there is space available in the class.
- I am an undergraduate student and want to take courses for graduate credit or I am a graduate student wanting to take courses for undergraduate credit, how do I enroll in KSIS?
In order to enroll for credit outside of your current undergraduate or graduate "career", you must first have a separate career created in KSIS. This is necessary for graduate students taking background courses for undergraduate credit and undergraduate seniors taking courses for graduate credit (beyond requirements for bachelor’s degree). Complete the request form which is available on the Graduate School website. Once the career is created, Add a Class using the newly created career.
- I cannot enroll because of a hold on my account. How can I find out how to get that removed?
Follow the instructions to View Holds found on the KSIS website.