Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma
Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma are K-State's Honorary Band Service Fraternity and Sorority. We serve the K-State Marching and Concert bands by providing concert receptions, helping with goings-on with the Marching Band and promoting instrumental music in college and our community.
Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma were founded on the K-State campus after the fire at Nichols Hall. The music students were upset about losing their band instruments and music department so they banded together to form the Linus-Rufus Band Colony (Latin for 'Wildcat') and the Phoenix Band Club ('Rising from the Ashes'). Both organizations were devoted to bringing the music department back to its former glory.
Today, Kappa and Tau Beta work together to create a fun environment through brother and sisterhood while serving the band department. Recent and continuing projects include:
- Cleaning McCain Auditorium
- Building percussion and tuba cabinets in the band room (McCain 201)
- Setting up the field for marching band rehearsal
- Providing apples for the marching band and visiting band during the third quarter of football games.
- Assisting with large band events such as the annual Central States Marching Festival and Concert Band Clinic
- Providing concert receptions for band concerts
- Selling official K-State Marching Band merchandise
- Work with local Girl Scouts earn their music badges
- Assisting with inventory, organization and registration of instruments and uniforms for the marching band
- Helping the band staff with Bowl Game preparations
- Moving the marching band storage room
- Cleaning instruments
- Cleaning McCain during our service day
For more information about Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma, please explore our website or talk to a current member!
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about the website you can email our webmaster Julie Kohl at firstname.lastname@example.org