From the Spring 2011 edition of The PODIUM
It is a great privilege to announce the 2009-2011 Kappa Kappa Psi Chapter Leadership Award recipients:
- Delta – The University of Oklahoma
- Nu – The University of Michigan
- Omicron – West Virginia University
- Pi – Auburn University
- Psi – University of California, Los Angeles
- Alpha Beta – Butler University
- Alpha Tau – The University of Texas at Austin
- Delta Iota – Florida A&M University
- Epsilon Pi – Kansas State University – - – -> Yeah! Outstanding job gentlemen!
- Zeta Beta – Howard Payne University
- Zeta Epsilon – Michigan State University
- Zeta Chi – University of South Carolina
- Iota Zeta – North Carolina A&T State University
- Iota Pi – California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Iota Omega – Iowa State University
- Kappa Mu – The University of Georgia
- Lambda Rho – Tennessee Tech University
- Mu Kappa – Grand Valley State University
This list of eighteen outstanding chapters includes a mix of first time finalists and long time finalists. These chapters throughout the biennium have made outstanding contributions to their band programs and maintained an extraordinary level of commitment to the purposes and values of Kappa Kappa Psi. They certainly have met my challenge to “Dig Deep” towards college band and Kappa Kappa Psi excellence! Each of these chapters will be asked to present more about their work this summer at National Convention during our Interactive Psi (iPsi) morning, and we encourage you to visit with all of these chapters while in Colorado Springs so you can get ideas for your own chapter and band program. Each of these chapters is eligible for the William Scroggs Founders Trophy, awarded to one of these chapters as the outstanding chapter in the nation. I am excited for these chapters and their band programs, as this is a moment of celebration for hard work and dedication to college band by our Brothers.
Thanks to these chapters for their consistent high level of excellence throughout the biennium!