Hello and Welcome to the Homepage of the
Kansas Geographic Alliance!
- July 28-31, 2016: National Council for Geographic Education, Tampa, FL.
- August 25th: BioBlitz opportunity at Cheyenne Bottoms Nature Center. Information for the event can be found here.
- November 6 & 7: Kansas Social Studies Conference in Abilene, KS.
- November 13-19: 2016 Geography Awareness Week. For more information and to see how you can take part, please visit http://kansasgeoalliance.wix.com/gaw2016
- November 16th: International GIS Day. For more information, please visit http://www.gisday.com/
* Follow the KGA on Twitter @KSGeoAlliance
*The latest volume of our newsletter, KGA Insights, is available here: KGA Insights 2016 Vol. 2.
*GIS News: K-12 schools in the state of Kansas now have access to a free site license to ArcGIS software from ESRI. If you are interested in obtaining a copy of this program for your classroom, school, or district please use the following website for more information: http://connected.esri.com/
The Kansas Geographic Alliance (KGA) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing geographic literacy among the citizens of Kansas. The KGA is funded by the National Geographic Education Foundation with additional support from Kansas State University, Fort Hays State University, and the State Department of Education.
The mission of the KGA is to promote and support geographic literacy and education throughout Kansas.
Our vision is that the KGA will be the valued and respected source for expertise on geography and the teaching of geography for the citizens of Kansas.
We envision a geographically literate Kansas society that uses their geographic knowledge to support and maintain a healthy environment as a base for strong communities and a vibrant economy, to help the population to make informed decisions as citizens of Kansas, the United States, and the planet.
While the KGA is primarily a professional development organization for educators, membership is open to individuals in government, business, and the general public.