Shared account email
Email for a shared account is stored in a folder that is available in every member's Zimbra inbox. You can also use a third-party email client such as Thunderbird, Outlook, and Mac Mail.
Access your shared account email
- Sign in to K-State Zimbra webmail at webmail.ksu.edu with your eID and password.
- In your inbox, you will have a folder of the same name as your shared account. If you do not see this folder, contact the owner of your shared account or the IT Help Desk.
Send email from your shared account in K-State Zimbra
- After signing in to K-State Zimbra webmail with your eID and password, click the New or Compose button to create a new mail message
- In the From box, select your shared account.
- Continue sending mail as you normally would. The message is sent using your shared account's name and email address, not your personal name or eID. The sent message will be stored in the Sent folder.
Note: Only three signatures are available within each eID account in Zimbra. This means that no custom signature can be assigned to a shared account if three signatures already exist.
Send email using your third-party email client
If you use a third-party email client such as Thunderbird, Outlook, and Mac Mail, you must first subscribe to your shared account's folder. Additionally, depending on your client, you may need to setup your persona in order to send email from your shared account rather than your own eID.