Managing room and equipment calendars
Once a room or equipment is setup in Zimbra, it will have its own eID and password. It receives calendar invitations just like a regular e-mail account. Depending on the default schedule policy assigned, you can manage invitation and calendars from other accounts.
Normally calendars are shared with group accounts and the invitations managed from the group account. Alternatively, you could choose to simply sign in to that account and manage it just like you would your personal account.
Sharing room or equipment Inbox and Calendar with other accounts
- Sign in to the Zimbra web client using the room or equipment eID and password.
- Share the calendar with the account that you want to manage it. Give the account the Manager role.
- Share the Inbox with the account that you want to manage it. Give the account the Manager role.
- Sign in to the Zimbra web client and locate the share e-mail invitation(s).
- Accept the share invitations.
- Verify you can access the Inbox and Calendar as intended.
- If desired, create a folder and create a filter for all meeting notifications to go into that folder and then share the folder with those that will be managing your calendar. (See Managing collaboration e-mail.)
Note: If you don't want to have to sign in to the room or equipment account to manage it, you can share it with yourself so that you can manage it from your own account.
Managing rooms and equipment system level attributes
Rooms and equipment have account settings that can be managed by signing into the Zimbra web client and setting Options. The options in the account function identically to the options in a normal e-mail account.
Rooms and equipment also have system attributes that are controlled through the eProfile web site. These are managed by the following steps:
- Sign in to the eProfile page using the room or equipment eID and password.
- Set system attributes as desired.
- Save the settings and exit the eProfile page.
System attributes managed through the eProfile page are:
- Schedule policy
- Maximum allowed number of conflicts
- Maximum allowed per cent of conflicts
- Auto Decline Recurring meetings
- Contact information
- Property number (for resources)
- Proxy rights