Managing other people's calendars
In order for someone else to manage your calendar, you have to do the following:
- Share your calendar - Sign in to Zimbra web client and share your calendar with the person who will be managing it. Give them manager rights.
- Create and share folder(s) to hold filtered calendar notifications - In order for someone else to schedule and respond to appointments and meetings on your behalf without having access to your inbox you should create and share folders that will hold calendar generated e-mail. See
managing collaboration e-mail.
Note: When sharing a folder, all subfolders will also be shared. In the following example if you shared the Collaboration messages folder, you would also be giving access to the Cancellations, Replies, Requsts and Shares folders.
Once you Accept the share invitation, the calendars and folders should be available to you when you sign into K-State Zimbra.
- Verify individuals received and accepted your shared folders.
- Document workflows and shared folders that you establish.
- Minimize the number of shared folders you create.
- Don't give others administrative rights.