Importing Oracle Calendar data into Zimbra Calendar
Note: Before Oracle Calendar data can be imported into Zimbra Calendar, it first must be converted into a Zimbra friendly format using the online Oracle Calendar data file conversion tool. After the conversion process, the file can be imported into Zimbra Calendar by following the steps below:
- In Zimbra, create a new calendar to hold the converted data and set the new calendar to be excluded from free/busy searches.
Note: Do not import the Oracle data into an existing calendar.
- Click the Options tab and then click Import/Export.
- Under Import, click the Choose File button, browse to the converted file location, select the file and then click Open.
- Next to Destination, click the Calendar button, select the new calendar you created earlier and then click OK.
- Do not move old appointments into your main Zimbra calendar.
- Use new calendar as reference (read only).
- Manually recreate future appointments in Zimbra.
- Only recreate appointments you own. See Creating appointments for more information.
- Click the Import button.
Note: Some calendars may receive a parsing error during import. If you receive this error, it indicates the import was incomplete. Delete the new calendar you were importing data into and then contact the IT Help Desk for assistance importing your calendar file.