Downloading and installing Zimbra Desktop
- At the Zimbra Desktop website, click the version of Zimbra Desktop that you want to download (Windows, Mac, or Linux).
- Save and open the install file.
- Select a language and then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click I accept the agreement and then click Next
- Choose a destination directory or keep the default and then click Next.
- Make sure the Service port is set to 7633 and then click Next.
- Make sure Automatically check for updates is selected and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Configuring Zimbra Desktop
- After installing Zimbra Desktop, click Add New Account.
- On the Account Type list, select Zimbra.
- In the Account Name box, type a name for your account.
- In the Email Address box, type your e-mail address (eID@k-state.edu).
- In the Password box, type your password.
- In the Incoming Mail Server box, type webmail.k-state.edu.
- Click the Use SSL encryption when accessing this server check box.
- Make sure the port number is set to 443.
- In the SMTP Mail Server box, type auth.smtp.k-state.edu.
- In the Schedule list, select how often you want the account synchronized.
Note: It is recommended to select as new mail arrives.
- Click the Validate & Save button.
- Click Launch Desktop.
Setting up Additional Accounts
Refer to the following instructions depending on what type of account you are setting up: