By default, one calendar is created for you. This is the official K-State calendar that others at K-State can use to schedule meetings with you. You can create additional calendars to keep track of different activities while keeping them separate from your K-State calendar. The following are some ideas on different types of calendars you might want to create:
- Personal events
- Office events
- Specific activity or project
- Rooms that you manage
- Equipment that you check out
Note: If you want other people, such as department staff or the campus community, to be able to search for and schedule a room or equipment, then request that a calendar location (room) or resource (equipment) be created at the Zimbra level.
- From the Calendar tab, click the Create a new calendar button.
- In the Name box, type a name for your calendar.
- In the Color list, select a color for your calendar.
- If desired, choose the following options:
- Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times - the appointments on this calendar will not be displayed when someone views your view free/busy times.
- Synchronize appointments from remote calendar - use this option if you are subscribing to a calendar.
- Click OK.
- You can share your calendar(s) with others if you want them to be able to view the calendar or you help you manage the calendar.
- If you have departmental rooms and equipment that you manage, but don't want those calendars tied to your personal account, you can create a group account and manage the calendars from that account. Once a group account is created you can share that account with anyone that needs to manage the rooms or equipment.