Creating an appointment
Scheduling an appointment involves the following steps:
- Entering appointment details such as date, time and inviting others
- Scheduling locations (rooms) and/or resources (equipment)
- Looking at schedules to ensure availability of people, locations, and resources
Entering meeting details
- Click the Calendar tab.
- Click the New button.
- In the Subject box, type a name for the appointment.
- In the Attendees box, type names of the people you want to invite to the meeting or click the Attendees button and search for the attendees in the address book.
Note: The Global Address List (GAL) and your personal contacts will be searched for name matches. If you have a contact group created, you can use the contact group to schedule the entire group.
- In the Location box, type the name of the room you want to schedule or click the Location button and search for the location in the address book.
Note: To schedule a resource such as a laptop, click the Show Resources link and then type the name of the resource in the resource box, or click the Resources button and search for the resource in the address book.
- Select the start and end time for the meeting.
Note: If the event lasts all day,
check the All day event box.
- If it is a reoccuring meeting, choose how often you want it repeated.
Note: You can choose to have an appointment repeat everyday, every week, every month, or every year. Select the frequency of the reoccurrence and then click the Customize link to complete the details of the appointment or click the Custom button to set the details of the appointment.
- In the Display list, choose whether to show the appointment as Busy (default), Free, Tentative, or Out of Office.
- Choose if you would like a reminder prior to the appointment.
- If you have multiple calendars, choose which calendar you want to schedule.
- Choose whether the appointment is Public or Private.
Note: All appointments
are private by default, regardless if they were marked Public or Private when created. No one can see the details unless they are an invitee or you have shared the calendar with them. Changing the option to Private hides the appointment from others you have shared the calendar with.
- Next to Scheduler, click the Show link to display attendees schedules or click the Show Suggestions link to display suggested times.
- Select the desired time.
- In the text box below the Scheduler section, type any desired notes about the meeting.
- Click Send.