Converting exported Oracle Calendar data
Before it can be imported into Zimbra Calendar, the exported Oracle Calendar data file must be converted into a Zimbra friendly format using the online conversion tool. The conversion process will:
- remove Oracle specific information not used in Zimbra Calendar.
- change appointments from Private to Public.
- converting repeating meetings to individual meetings.
Note: Importing unconverted files into Zimbra Calendar can trigger a parsing error.
To avoid this error, follow the steps below to prepare the file for import into Zimbra Calendar.
- Go to http://www.k-state.edu/its/zimbra/help/zconversion.
- In the K-State eID box, type your eID.
- Click the Browse button, browse to the file location, select the file and then click Open.
- Click the Submit button.
- Choose the Save File option and then click OK.