Using the Contact Cleaner
The Contact Cleaner Zimlet is a utility that helps organize your contacts by deleting and merging duplicate contacts in the Contacts address book in Zimbra.
- Click the Contacts tab.
- Click the Contact Cleaner zimlet.
Select which type of duplicates to check for:
- Duplicates with perfect match (recommended) - returns sets of contacts that are identical in all fields. One contact is kept and duplicates are moved to Trash. This is the default setting.
- Duplicates with partial match - returns sets of contacts that are identical in most fields, but have extra information in other fields.
- Duplicates with partial match & conflicts - returns sets of contacts that have enough identical fields to be considered duplicates, but also have conflicting information in other fields.
Note: The cleaner will return all duplicates found: perfect matches, partial matches, and partial matches with conflicts.
- Click the Expand All/ Collapse All link to view the duplicate sets that were found.
- If duplicate matches with conflicts were found, choose how you want the contact cleaner to handle them:
- Ignore Merging - duplicates will be ignored.
- Merge, but add conflict info to 'Notes'-section - duplicate will be merged, but conflicting information will be moved to to Notes-section.
- Use Below Merged Contact - duplicate will be merged based on information you input into required fields.
- Click the Merge and Move duplicates to Trash button.
- Click OK and then click OK again.
- Sign out of Zimbra and then sign back in order to apply changes.
Please review the online Zimbra documentation and short video tutorial prior to using.