Windows VPN Client Installation
To install the Cisco VPN client for Windows, follow the steps below. You will need your eID and password to download the installation files.
- Download the installation file:
client for Windows Vista/7/8
(Windows RT is not currently supported)
- When your browser prompts you to Run or Save, click "Run".
- Follow the onscreen instructions for installation with the default options.
- Click "Finish".
- You should now have a new program group in your Start menu.
Start menu | Programs | Cisco | Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
The K-State VPN software should now be installed on your computer.
Connecting Using the VPN
- Select the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client group and click
on Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- You will be prompted to enter a VPN gateway.
- Enter vpn.net.k-state.edu in the VPN: Ready to connect drop-down box and click "Connect".
- Enter your eID and password and click "OK".
- The .KStateVPN group should be used when connecting from home or another trusted location.
- The .KStateVPNFull_Tunnel group should be used when connecting from public Internet
spots with no security like airports, coffee shops, or hotel connections.
You should now be connected to the K-State VPN.
- On the right side of your toolbar, select the CiscoAnyConnect Icon.
- In the resulting CiscoAnyConnect window, select "Disconnect".
You Should now be disconnected from the K-State VPN.