iOS VPN Client Installation
Cisco AnyConnect is a free app with versions for the iPhone and iPad and requires Apple iOS version 4 or later.
- Confirm the iOS device is connected to a wireless network.
- Tap the App Store icon.
- In the search box in the upper right corner, search for Cisco AnyConnect.
- Select the app appropriate to the device platform.
- On the app description page, beneath the app icon, tap the FREE button
and/or the INSTALL APP button.
- When prompted, enter an Apple ID Password and tap the OK button.
- After the Cisco AnyConnect app downloads to the device, locate and tap the Cisco AnyConnect icon.
- When prompted to enable the software, tap the OK button.
- Near the upper left corner, slide the Add VPN Connection button to On.
- Enter the following information in the provided fields:
In the upper right corner, tap the Save button.
In the main window, in the upper left corner, slide the AnyConnect VPN switch to ON.
As the device attempts to connect to the VPN, an Authentication panel will appear.
In the Authentication panel, enter the following information in the provided fields:
- Description: KSU VPN
- Server Address: vpn.net.k-state.edu
- Network Roaming: ON
- Certificate: Automatic
- Group: .KStateVPN
- User Name: your eID
- Password: your eID password
In the upper right corner, tap the Connect button.
After authentication, the main window will display the real-time network traffic of the VPN
connection. The Status will indicate Connected. Also,
a VPN icon should appear in the upper left corner of the screen.
- The .KStateVPN group should be used when connecting from home or another trusted location.
- The .KStateVPNFull_Tunnel group should be used when connecting from public Internet
spots with no security like airports, coffee shops, or hotel Internet connections.