Employee timeline after termination
This timeline does not apply to retirees, emeritus, or employees who took a K-State course in Fall 2011 or later.
Termination date = Your last day of work at K-State
- "Current employee" status is removed in HRIS.
- Access to webmail continues for 30 days.
- You should immediately copy all files and email you want to keep.
- Email forwarding is not available. You should immediately make arrangements to switch to a non-K-State email
One week after termination
University email is sent to notify the former employee of upcoming deadlines for 1) Losing access to university resources,
and 2) Losing access to webmail messages, folders, and files.
Thirty days after termination
- All access to email/webmail is discontinued, including archived email and files.
- Access is discontinued to K-State networks, systems, VPN, university computing labs, and other resources.
- Stored email, files, and folders are permanently erased from K-State central systems and networks.