Employee Timeline After Termination
This timeline does not apply to retirees, emeritus, or employees who have taken a K-State course.
- Current employee status is removed in HRIS.
- Access to Office 365 continues for 240 days.
- Copy all files and email you want to keep.
- Email forwarding is not available. Make arrangements to switch to a non-K-State email account.
One week after termination
University email is sent to notify the former employee of upcoming deadlines for 1) Losing access to university resources, and 2) Losing access to webmail messages, folders, and files.
240 days after termination
- All access to email/webmail is discontinued.
- Access is discontinued to K-State networks, systems, VPN, university computing labs, and other resources.
- Stored email, files, and folders are permanently erased from K-State central systems and networks.