Network and Telecommunications Services of Kansas State University is seeking a student Unix administrator to work 15-30 hours a week in its Enterprise Server Technologies section.
- Assisting full-time staff with all aspects of Unix system administration
- Day-to-day and long-term programming tasks
- Interpreting and responding to diagnostic and system messages
- Installing and maintaining hardware
- Knowledge of Solaris/Linux/other *nix
- Good people skills
- Ability to learn and work without close supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Solaris Unix system-administration experience
- Linux system-administration experience
- Two years remaining at K-State
- Strong programming skills
- Computer hardware experience
- Good documentation and helpdesk support skills
- Availability during summer and holidays
How to apply
Submit a cover letter and resume in plain text or pdf format to email@example.com.
For more information, contact
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
and actively seeks diversity among its employees.