Technology Trainer - position: W0040558
The Kansas State University Information Technology Assistance Center, Manhattan, KS, is seeking applications for a Technology Trainer. The individual in this position will plan, develop, deliver, and evaluate technical training for campus-wide distribution using a multitude of delivery methods. This position will provide consultation services for electronic theses, dissertations and reports, and maintain documentation (web, handouts, videos, etc). Training topics include applications created at K-State and proprietary software including MS Office Suite, Acrobat/pdf creation, LaTeX and other applications in support of the mission of Kansas State University. The individual in this position will serve on project teams where training is a component of the project.
- Collaborates with individuals from across campus in developing training approaches to meet the needs of campus-wide users.
- Teaches classes and answers technical questions regarding the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat/pdf creation, and LaTeX software university systems, and other tools.
- Develops courses using varied instructional methodologies and delivery methods.
- Curriculum development to include web-based documentation, user guides, and other instructional materials depending on the application and audience. Routinely updates training materials.
- Develops and implements evaluation tools to measure training effectiveness.
- Uses these evaluation results to analyze and continuously improve training offerings.
EDTR Training and Consultation
- Collaborates with the ETDR consultants and the Technology Training and Instructional Support manager to coordinate ETDR training communications, consultations, presentations, tracking of attendees, evaluation of consultation services and other related activities.
- Delivers training using innovative methods that includes online videos, face-to-face and hybrid instruction.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to jointly present technical course content.
- Provides functional support for the end-users needing assistance and guidance.
- Contacts departments to offer graduate students seminars on the ETDR process, templates and associated information.
- Educates K-State graduate students submitting electronic theses, dissertation and reports to K-REx, the digital repository.
- Promotes K-REx as a platform for other digital collections, including faculty publications, university archives, and other KSU digital assets.
- Participates in all unit, iTAC and other meetings as appropriate.
- Liaisons with Library and Graduate School to stay abreast of new processes, submission requirements, changes to DSpace and K-Rex.
- Stays current with trends in DSpace software development, digital preservation, and institutional repositories.
- Explores, adapts and implements emerging digital repository technologies and provides leadership for digital repository projects.
- Works with faculty to encourage participation in K-REx as a means to support open access to faculty research output.
- BS in Adult Education, Training, Management Information Systems, Business, Computer Science or related field; or 5+ years of demonstrated technological training experience
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word (certification desired) and LaTeX software
- Two years' experience in development and delivery of training on technical topics or adult education programs, including experience with instructional technology
- Experience using diverse delivery methods including face to face, online and hybrid environments
- Experience developing end user training documentation, user guides, web based and other materials
- Familiarity with web design, html, presentation software, word processing and publishing software and social media
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in the English language. Must be able to communicate technical concepts to a diverse audience.
- Understands the role of student services in higher education
- Experience in working with faculty, staff and students from a variety of units including the graduate school, student services, administration, financial management, information technology, student government, etc.
- Experience providing technical training to diverse audiences on in-house developed and proprietary systems
- Special consideration given to applicants with Microsoft Office certification.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $42,000
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position
- Detailed resume or vitae
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Submit application materials electronically to email@example.com
Screening of applications begins November 18, 2013, and will continue until position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Viki Horan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full listing of benefits please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hr/benefits/unclass.pdf.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required of successful applicant.