Systems Specialist for Facilities -position: W0041942
Come join us at one of the best kept secrets in the nation, Kansas State University!
Whether you're into college sports, fine arts, boating and fishing, or hiking on the Konza Prairie, K-State and the surrounding area offer a wide variety of experiences that are sure to pique your interest.
The Wildcats will have you bleeding purple! We consistently stay near the top of the Big 12 in Football, Men's and Women's Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Track and Field, Equestrian, Rowing, and a number of other sports, providing you with the opportunity to watch some of the best athletes in the world 'up close and personal'!
The Little Apple, as Manhattan is fondly called, provides annual events like 'Arts in the Park' or 'Country Stampede'. It prides itself on major attractions like the McCain Auditorium & Nichols Theatre, the Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art, the Manhattan Arts Center, the Strecker-Nelson Art Gallery, the William T. Kemper Art Gallery, and the Flint Hills Discovery Center, as well as the Columbian Theatre Museum & Art Center and the Oz Museum in nearby Wamego. If fine dining is something you enjoy, Manhattan won't disappoint. A wide variety of cuisines offered in both formal and relaxed settings will satisfy the most discriminating tastes. And, if you simply can't live without your favorite coffee house, we more than have you covered!
The culture of the Midwest, mingled with the diverse populations of nearby Ft. Riley and the university staff and students, provides a family-friendly atmosphere that can't be beat. We're friendly, honest, and fun-loving. We bleed purple, and would very much like to welcome you to our little oasis in the scenic Flint Hills if you are the successful candidate for this position.
This position is an experienced application developer that support the Division of Facilities on the AssetWorks/AIM application. The position works with end users and management in the Division of Facilities to define requirements, develop technical specifications, and determine appropriate software configuration; analyze, develop, and test application changes; troubleshoot production issues; and perform analysis, design, and development of systems interfaces and integrations to other K-State and third-party applications. This position is offered through the Information Systems Office at Kansas State University.
Analysis and Design
- Responsible for analysis and design of the Facilities management of K-State's AssetWorks/AIM ERP application
- Work with end users and management in the Facilities offices to define end user requirements, design solutions, develop technical specifications, and determine appropriate software configuration
- Perform analysis, design, and development for systems interfaces and integrations to other K-State and third-party systems
- Analyze and design specialized queries, reports, system add-ons, data migration strategies, and operational processes
- Analyze the impact and develop strategies for applying system upgrades, fixes, and patches
- Analyze the feasibility and impact of modifications and system enhancements
- Provide input into the development of project plans and go-live plans for major system enhancements
- Provide technical expertise regarding the implementation and operation of systems
- Regularly participate in team meetings
- Develop and test existing programs, and write new programs, queries, and reports
- Enhance existing code and/or write new programs or reports per project specifications
- Develop and test interface and conversion programs
- Document program changes, operating procedures, and technical reference materials
- Assist in developing end-user testing scenarios
- Migrate programming changes through development, test, and production environments
- Adhere to application development policies and procedures
- Perform troubleshooting of production issues
- Answer technical questions and address issues related to system operation
- Report, coordinate, and resolve application problems in cooperation with the vendor and other K-State technical and functional staff, as appropriate
- Document the resolution of problems
- Provide expert technical advice and consulting to end users, other K-State technical staff, and third party vendors.
- Provide training to other programmer/analysts on system changes, vendor applications, programming languages, developer tools, and technical environment
- Attend meetings, conferences, and training sessions to increase knowledge and maintain currency in the profession
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or other appropriately related technical field. Five years' experience in a related area may be substituted for the degree.
- Two years' experience in systems analysis, designing, coding, testing, and maintaining enterprise software applications
- One year's experience writing SQL
- Demonstrated ability with relational database management systems (e.g. Oracle, MySQL)
- Demonstrated ability to solicit requirements from end users and translate requirements into technical specifications
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities
- AssetWorks/AIM application programs or a similar facilities management system
- Experience with reporting tools such as BIRT
Salary Range: $50,000 - $58,000
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter reflecting how your skills meet the requirements of the position
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Submit application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening of applications begins June 16, 2014, and will continue until position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Viki Horan at email@example.com.
For a full listing of benefits please visit the Division of Human Resources.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required of successful applicant.