Network Systems Analyst -positions: W0037366
Kansas State University is seeking a Network Systems Analyst to assist the networking team in the areas of design, modification, maintenance, troubleshooting, and documentation of a large enterprise network. This position will include both design and management responsibilities for Cisco routers, switches, and wireless infrastructure, and will work collaboratively with IT units and the campus community to provide a stable, robust, and secure network environment at K-State.
Manage Network Infrastructure and Related Systems:
- Participate in the planning, design, modification, maintenance, and documentation of a large enterprise network, including core and datacenter technologies, wired and wireless edge infrastructure, and other critical network services
- Support the enterprise network at Kansas State using best practices to maintain a production environment 24 hours/day, 7 days a week
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco switches and routers in routed LAN/WAN environments
- Troubleshoot existing infrastructure as needed, and take corrective actions to eliminate problems as they occur
- Provide documentation so other IT staff can assist with maintenance/support
Participate in Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting:
- Employ monitoring tools to identify network issues, monitor network utilization, and make recommendations for future growth to eliminate potential bottlenecks before they occur
- Assist the Network team in traffic optimization, including QoS, multicast, video-streaming and other technologies
Conduct Research and Analysis:
- Evaluate and recommend new and evolving network technologies, and make recommendations when applicable to support the university's mission
- Work with end-users to evaluate new technologies that require network support
Assist with Security Issues:
- Assist with securing campus IT resources and responding to security incidents
- Work with the IT Security Office to implement security policy and respond to security incidents
- Minimum Associate Degree plus two years' experience in designing and managing large, enterprise-scale networks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OSI model network fundamentals; specifically, Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing
- Demonstrated knowledge of network protocols; e.g. TCP/UDP, ICMP, SNMP, ARP, and routing protocols
- Demonstrated proficiency in the configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise-level switches, routers, and wireless controllers
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Bachelor's degree plus two years' experience in designing and managing large, enterprise-scale networks
- Experience in design, implementation, and management of a large enterprise Cisco-based network, with specific experience on Nexus 7000 and 5000 platforms, and Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, and 2960 platforms
- Current network certifications, such as CCENT, CCNA, CCNP
- A minimum of two years' experience in the design and maintenance of 802.11 wireless networks, utilizing Cisco or Aruba controllers
- Demonstrated ability managing network support services, such as DHCP, TACACS, syslog, and Network Access Control
- Demonstrated proficiency managing and utilizing network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, such as Nagios, Cacti, SolarWinds, QRadar, Wireshark, and log analyzers
- Experience with IPV6 conversions
- Experience with project and change management practices
Salary Range: Commensurate with skills and experience
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter reflecting how your skills meet the requirements of the position
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Submit application materials electronically to email@example.com
Screening of applications begins July 14, 2014, and will continue until position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Viki Horan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full listing of benefits please visit the Division of Human Resources.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required of successful applicant.