Information Technology Consultant -position: W0045619
The Kansas State University Information Technology Assistance Center, Manhattan, KS, is seeking applications for an Information Technology Consultant. This position will provide provide enterprise IT Help Desk support, supervise the IT Help Desk student consultants, manage the university telephone operators and receptionists, manage equipment checkout, oversee the distribution of enterprise software (MS Office work at home, SAS, SPSS, ESRI, etc.), and provide troubleshooting support for the enterprise software, audio and video equipment, and computer hardware. This position oversees the testing of applications released within the enterprise, the development of the Catpack, and the Scantron system, and provides backup for positions under the direction of the IT Help Desk. The individual in this position must have a working knowledge of proprietary applications (email, iSIS, People Soft, MS Office Suites, Qualtrics, Zoom, Canvas, etc.), in-house developed applications (Axio, K-State Online, etc.), and a variety of operating systems and multiple platforms (MAC and Windows).
- Recruit, hire, retain, supervise, and support help desk consultants, receptionists, and university telephone operators
- Coordinate training for university operators and iTAC receptionists
- Serve as back up for consultants or operators as necessary
- In conjunction with the ITS Business Office, manage the in-processing and out-processing of student and full-time staff
- Support user requests for troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Oversee the provision of software to users including (MS Work at Home product, SAS, SPSS, ESRI, etc) and troubleshoot issues with access.
- Oversee equipment checkout including monitoring inventory, maintaining all equipment in working order and retiring equipment as appropriate.
- Oversee, document and report all information technology testing assigned to iTAC
- Direct users to the appropriate IT support personnel, when Tier 1 cannot resolve the incident
- Track user queries, responses and problem resolutions using incident management software, report incidents which are not resolved within service level agreements; identify or report trends in user queries, requests and problem reports
- Develop reports using incident management software
- Provide data and reporting including trends of functions under supervision along with strategies for improvement
- Monitor quality of service for all areas that report to the IT Help Desk
- Give presentations in support of information technology throughout campus (including but not limited to New Student Orientation and Enrollment, Transfer Students, International Student Orientation and more)
- Receive fees and handle according to university policies and procedures
- Serve as backup for access to university systems
- Other related duties as assigned
- Recommend the purchase of hardware and software for help desk, receptionists and operators
- Maintain equipment that is checked out in working order
- Work with the full time staff to develop and provide training for the help desk students, university operators and receptionists
- Monitor adherence to policies
- Evaluate integrity of consultants
- Attend all iTAC staff meetings and ITS meetings as appropriate
- Oversee internal iTAC purchases
- Keep abreast of innovations in hardware and software
- Pursue professional development as resources and funding permit
- Bachelor's degree; MTA and A+ certifications plus 3 years' experience and training may be substituted for education
- Three years' experience in a desktop support, help desk, and/or technical support environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot system problems
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced, highly technical environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal skills in communicating technical IT issues to a non-technical public
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, plus one year of experience in electronics, electrical engineering, telecommunications. Five years of experience can be substituted for this qualification.
- MTA Certification
- Knowledge of computer programming languages, operating systems, applications (SAS, SPSS, ESRI, Matlab, ServiceNow, etc.), and networking
- Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and software issues
- Ability to repair video and audio equipment and other computing hardware
- Supervisory experience
Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,900
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter reflecting how your skills meet the requirements of the position
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Submit application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening of applications begins June 16, 2014, and will continue until position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Viki Horan at email@example.com.
For a full listing of benefits please visit the Division of Human Resources.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required of successful applicant.