Application Developer -positions: W0017640 and W0041286
The Kansas State University Office of Mediated Education (OME), Manhattan Kansas, is seeking applications for two Application Developers. As part of the Application Development team this position will build software applications for both academic and administrative computer systems for Kansas State University using cutting-edge technology. Application Developers collaborate closely with the Application Development Manager and the Associate Director of OME in an Agile development team. OME serves the campus as a central information technology unit under the direction of the Chief Information Officer/Vice Provost for Information Technology Services, and provides services to support the University's mission in the areas of teaching and learning, research, and technology transfer.
- Developing web and service-oriented applications using Java Enterprise Edition that utilizes technologies such as EJB3, JPA, Spring Framework, JMS, JSPs,and Struts 2. These web-based applications are built on JBoss application server in a Unix-based environment using an Oracle database.
- Technical support of applications developed by OME
- Collaborate with end users and development team to ensure applications meet their needs
- Create effective documentation for applications and services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field. Three years of equivalent work experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience in Java programming including any part of Java EE
- Vast working knowledge of Object Oriented theory and design practices
- Robust working knowledge of relational database theory, designing database models, and building optimal queries
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work in a team
- Java EE experience including: Servlets, Java Server Pages (JSP), Enterprise Java Beans (EJB3), Java Persistence API (JPA), and Java Messaging Services (JMS)
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM software development
- Familiarity with development tools such as Git, maven 3, Jenkins, and Sonar
- Experience with SOAP or RESTful Web Services
- Familiarity with Spring Framework
- Experience with JBoss or an equivalent application server
- Experience with web frameworks such as Struts 2
- Familiarity with Oracle database
- Familiarity with the Unix Environment
Salary Range: Commensurate with skills and experience
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter reflecting how your skills meet the requirements of the position
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Submit application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening of applications begins January 13, 2014, and will continue until position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Viki Horan at email@example.com.
For a full listing of benefits please visit the Division of Human Resources.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required of successful applicant.