Application Developer -position: W0017640
The Kansas State University Office of Mediated Education (OME), Manhattan Kansas, is seeking applications for an Application Developer. This position will be responsible for building software applications for both academic and administrative computer systems for OME. The developer will work closely with the Application Development Manager and the Associate Director of OME in the development process. OME serves the campus as a central information technology unit under the direction of the Chief Information Officer/Vice Provost for Information Technology Services, and provides services to support the University's mission in the areas of teaching and learning, research, and technology transfer.
- Development of web-based application development using Java Enterprise Edition that utilizes technologies such as EJB/JPA, JMS, JSPs, JSF, and Struts 2. These web-based applications will run on an application server such as JBoss in a Unix-based environment and be backed by an Oracle database
- Technical support of web-based applications developed by OME
- Work with the project teams, ensuring that design specifications meet their needs
- Development of good user documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field. Three years of equivalent work experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience in Java programming including any part of Java EE
- Strong working knowledge of Object Oriented theory and design practices
- Strong working knowledge of relational database theory, designing database models, and building optimal queries
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Java EE Experience including: Servlets, Java Server Pages (JSP), Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Java Persistence API (JPA), and Java Messaging Services (JMS)
- Experience with JBoss or an equivalent application server
- Experience with web frameworks such as Struts, Java Server Faces (JSF), or Tapestry
- Familiarity with Oracle database
- Familiarity with the Unix Environment
- Experience with HTML/CSS
Salary Range: Commensurate with skills and experience
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Submit application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening of applications begins October 14, 2013, and will continue until position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Viki Horan at email@example.com.
For a full listing of benefits please visit the Division of Human Resources.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required of successful applicant.