Associate Director for Applications -positions: W0039796
The Kansas State University Office of Mediated Education (OME), Manhattan Kansas, is seeking applications for an Application Developer who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of enterprise applications and software systems within the Office of Mediated Education (OME). The person in this position will coordinate with other departments and offices (DCE, ISO, Registrar's Office, etc.), allowing the development teams to focus on their projects. The position reports to the Director of OME.
- Oversee a portfolio of application development projects
- Lead development teams in the development of high quality software and business automation solutions
- Plan releases and schedule development
- Manage OME projects using appropriate project management methodology and in coordination with the ITS Project Management Office
- Encourage and support the use of Agile development processes
- Ensure that systems are developed using current industry and ITS/OME standards and technologies
- Coordinate with the OME Director and other KSU IT departments on short-term operational issues, as well as long-range planning and goal setting
- Ensure high productivity of team members
- Provide overall direction and guidance to the teams
- Ensure proper staffing of OME projects to provide appropriate project management, specifications gathering, systems architecture, graphical design, user interface design, systems development, quality control, and customer support
- Oversee the software testing and quality assurance team
- Ensure that staff are properly supervised through the use of regular evaluations, establishment of personal and team goals, and adequate training for the proper performance of their duties
- Stay current with the technologies used by development staff, as well as other potential technologies that are currently available
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 5 years' or more relevant experience
- 5 years' or more experience as a software engineer
- 3 years' or more experience leading a software development team
- Strong technical knowledge as it relates to software development
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with staff and management throughout the University in a prompt and professional manner to accomplish business and technical objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- 10 years' relevant experience
Salary Range: Commensurate with skills and experience
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter reflecting how your skills meet the requirements of the position
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Submit application materials electronically to email@example.com
Screening of applications begins November 19, 2014, and will continue until position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Viki Horan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full listing of benefits please visit the Division of Human Resources.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required of successful applicant.