Adium setup using K-State Jabber
Adium is a commonly used Jabber/XMPP chat client for Macs. If you have a PC, use Pidgin instead. After installing, an auto-populated group called ITS will be added to your "buddy list". This includes all ITS employees that are using K-State Jabber. Additionally, you can also add any other person, ITS employee or not, to your buddy list.
- Jabber ID: This is your K-State email, eID@ksu.edu, and your eID password. eID@k-state.edu will not work as your Jabber ID; it must be eID@ksu.edu. Also, when you change your eID password, you must update your chat client's password to connect.
- Server: The K-State Jabber server is ksu.edu.
- Port: The port for our Jabber server is 5222.
Install and Setup Adium
- Download and run the latest version of Adium from adium.im.
- Open Adium. From the File menu, choose Add Account, and select Jabber.
- From the Account tab, enter the following information:
From the Options tab, enter the following information:
- Jabber ID: youreID@ksu.edu
- Password: your eID password
- Connect server: ksu.edu
- Port: 5222