Uninstalling Trend Micro When Leaving K-State
When you leave Kansas State University your computer will no longer be able to get updates from the Trend Micro servers running on campus. In order to remain protected you will need to uninstall the Trend Micro client from your computer
and install a new antivirus product.
Windows • Mac OS X
How to remove Trend Micro OfficeScan for Windows
Most versions of K-State's Trend Micro OfficeScan require a password when uninstalling the software, but some do not.
If you are not prompted for a password, simply continue the uninstall process.
- Select Start, then All Programs,
then Trend Micro OfficeScan Client, then Uninstall
- The Uninstall window will appear, and you will be prompted for a password.
Click here to access the uninstall password and click OK.
- After the uninstall process is complete, reboot the system.
- After you remove Trend Micro OfficeScan, be sure to install another antivirus product. K-State does not recommend running a computer without antivirus protection. If you are staying on campus and you have uninstalled Trend for troubleshooting purposes you may safely re-install it now.
How to remove Trend Micro Security for Mac OS X
To uninstall Trend Micro Security for Mac you may need your Mac Administrator Login and Password. If you are not prompted for a password, simply continue the uninstall process. The uninstall process may appear to be "installing" but at the end you will be told that the "uninstall was successful."
- To begin this process, double click the uninstall file.
You can download it from this page.
- Click Continue on the following prompts.
- At this point you will select Install
- You will need to enter your computer username and password here.
- When the process is complete, click Close.